I want to study

I come from outside the EU

Arrival and residency
  • Generally speaking, you require a visa to enter Germany. There are a number of exceptions. Further information can be found here.

Information of the Foreign Office

  • There are many forms of residence permit for employment purposes. Find out more about which residence permit is the right one for you and where you can apply for this.

Overview residence Permit

  • Here you finde some information about the existing housing supply and further tips for your Apartment searches.

Finding accommodation
Tips and Information of the German Akademic Exchange Service 




Requirements for studying and enrolment

German Academic Exchange Service school-leaving qualifications
Information from the German Academic Exchange Service

German Language Curses
An offer of Goethe Institute

German Language Diploma
An offer of The Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany 

German Test for Universityy Access

telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
tests the German knowledge needed for success at an advanced academic level

  • A health insurance is required in order to enrol at a German university. More Information you can find here:

Obtaining health insurance prior to arrival
Information of the Deutsches Studentenwerk

Organising health insurance
Information of the German Academic Exchange Service

Overview German health insurance
Information of Krankenkassen-Zentrale

  • You require proof that you are able to finance your costs of living yourself.

Information on proof of financing

How do I enroll
Information from the German Academic Exchange Service

Student am Schreibtisch

Your Directions

The directions lead you step by step to the most important information.

To Your Directions